Commission Taxonomy Rates for Easy Digital Downloads Commissions allows you to set commission rates on a per-category and tag basis, giving you more streamlined, granular control over your commissions.
Without this extension, Commissions only allows you to assign rates on a per-download, user, or global basis. However, with Commission Taxonomy Rates the flow priority is extended to work as follows:
Download > Download Tags > Download Categories > User > Global
Let’s look at some real-world examples of how Commission Taxonomy Rates could potentially be utilised in different scenarios:
- You create a download tag named “Exclusive” and assign an 80% commission rate. For any downloads associated with this tag, vendors will receive an 80% commission rate when their products are sold.
- Over the festive period you want to reward all eBook vendors with a higher commission rate. You set the eBook category to 60% so that any time an eBook in this category sells, the vendor will be rewarded with a higher rate.
- Set commission rates on a per-category and tag basis
- Favor the highest or the lowest commission rate with the Rate Preference setting
- Easily manage commissions for multiple product categories
- Allows more granular control than user-level commission rates
- Seamless integration with Easy Digital Downloads and Commissions plugins
- Translation-ready and contains a British English (UK) POT file to get you started!
- Easily extendable. Have a specific use-case? Commission Taxonomy Rates includes plenty of developer-ready filters and action hooks to make it possible!
- Developed using the best practices, with security, extensibility, and readability in mind
Notice: This extension requires Easy Digital Downloads (free) and a minimum of Commissions 3.4 to function.
Have questions or want to find out more? Check out the documentation or contact our support team for pre-sales questions.