Order Notes is a free Easy Digital Downloads extension that adds a simple “Order Notes” field to the checkout form, enabling your customers to submit any order-specific instructions and have the notes accessible by both store owner and customer. This plugin is perfect for stores or marketplaces selling customisable goods and services.
- Bloat-free and lightweight with no unnecessary options cluttering up your extensions settings screen. Just install and start collecting custom order requirements!
- Submitted notes are displayed and accessible within the payment receipt, email notifications, view payment admin screen, payment history export, and by Frontend Submission vendors via their order dashboard.
- By default the orders notes field displays regardless of the items in the cart. However if the free Download As Services plugin is installed and active, the field will only be shown if an item within the cart is marked as a “service”.
- Run a services marketplace? Order Notes integrates with Frontend Submissions so vendors can view the notes within their Orders Dashboard screen, making it easy for them to fulfil their service obligations.
- Order notes are automatically appended to the Payment History CSV export, perfect for archiving and storage purposes. The “notes” are automatically stripped of all unnecessary line breaks and characters within the CSV to keep things legible and condensed.
- A range of developer-friendly WordPress actions and filters are provided to allow further customisation of the outputted data.
- Order Notes is translation-ready and contains a POT file to get you started translating the plugin into your native language.
Have questions or want to find out more? Check out the documentation or contact our support team for pre-sales questions.
Version 1.0.2, December 21, 2017
- Fix: Plugin info updated from Freshly Themes to Sell Comet details.