Product Taxes for Easy Digital Downloads allows you to apply different tax rates to physical goods and services, while continuing to use the default tax rates for digital downloads. This allows you to easily sell merchandise (such as t-shirts, mugs and alike), physical products, or services alongside your digital products.
The new tax rates can be enabled on a per-download or category basis, or if you have Simple Shipping (or Downloads As Services) active, products marked as either “shippable” or “services” will automatically inherit the custom tax rates (this can be optionally disabled, if required).
Product tax rates can also be applied to fees, meaning the same custom tax rules will be applied to Shipping fees and alike.
- Seamless integration with Simple Shipping and Downloads As Services
- Sell digital downloads alongside physical goods and services
- Works with inclusive and exclusive taxes
- Has ability to set a fallback tax rate for custom tax rates
- Custom tax rates can be applied on a per-download or category basis
- Ability to optionally pass tax responsibility onto commission recipient
- Translation-ready and contains a British English (UK) POT file to get you started!
- Easily extendable. Have a specific use-case? Product Taxes includes plenty of developer-ready filters and action hooks to make it possible!
- Developed using the best practices, with security, extensibility, and readability in mind
Notice: This extension requires Easy Digital Downloads (free) to function.
- I am currently working with the Easy Digital Downloads team to store the tax rate on a per cart-item basis – at present only the tax amount is stored. Once this is implemented, more comprehensive reporting functionality will be added to the plugin.
- This plugin is being actively developed – use at your own risk.
Have questions or want to find out more? Check out the documentation or contact our support team for pre-sales questions.
Version 1.0.0, December 4, 2017
- Initial Release