Tiered Commission Rates for Easy Digital Downloads Commissions allows you to easily setup a tiered reward system where your vendors are rewarded with higher and higher commission rates, the more they sell or earn. This is similar to popular marketplaces such as ThemeForest, Fiverr, and alike.
Once installed, you will have a new Tiered Commissions Rates section in your Easy Digital Downloads Extension Settings. On this screen, you will be able to create as many tiers as you wish.
Tiers consist of four options:
Type: What kind of tier – commission earnings or sales count-based
Threshold: The number of sales or the total earnings a vendor must reach to achieve the tiered rate
Rate: The rate the vendor is given automatically when they reach the threshold
Disabled: Select to disable the tier
Tiered Rate Expiration
You can enable the Tiered Rate Expiration option to reset tiered commission rates on the 1st of every month.
Exclude Unpaid Statuses
By default, tiered rate calculations include paid and unpaid commission statuses. By checking this option, only “paid” commissions will be included.
Let’s look at some real-world examples of how Tiered Commission Rates could potentially be set up, based on sales volume:
- 0 – 100 sales = 50% commission rate
- 101 – 200 sales = 60% commission rate
- 201 – 500 sales = 70% commission rate
- 501+ sales = 80% commission rate
Or even one like this (based on total commission earnings):
- $0 – $100 in commission earnings = 50% commission rate
- $101 – $200 in commission earnings = 55% commission rate
- $201 – $500 in commission earnings = 60% commission rate
- $500+ in commission earnings = 70% commission rate
It’s been proven over and over again that providing your vendors incentives like higher commission rates dramatically increases the vendors likelihood to actively promote, upload, and create more products and/or services.
- Number of sales and total earnings tier types
- Mix and match tier types, allowing for a flexible reward structure
- Calculate based on either paid and unpaid commission statuses, or paid only
- Disable tiered rates globally, per-user, and/or per-download
- Easily disable specific tiers when not required
- Seamless integration with Easy Digital Downloads and Commissions admin panels
- Translation-ready and contains a British English (UK) POT file to get you started!
- Easily extendable. Have a specific use-case? Tiered Commission Rates includes plenty of developer-ready filters and action hooks to make it possible!
- Developed using the best practices, with security, extensibility, and readability in mind
- Calculations are performed on the commission counts and total sum amounts, not the cart item prices. This option is, however, road-mapped for a future release.
- Flat rate commission amounts are ignored, since it wouldn’t make sense to override these in instances where specific agreements are in place with vendors. Only percentage based tiers (and rates) are possible at this time.
Version 1.0.0, November 22, 2017
- Initial Release